our coop upgrades

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by MomMommyMamma, Nov 21, 2010.

1. MomMommyMamma

MomMommyMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    West Virginia
    Bless my husband for making these two wonderful upgrades yesterday for our chickens!

We really wanted a window for the coop but were finding it to be too expensive to get a real window. Hubby found this plexiglass for $7 at Lowes and installed it. I love it! It doesn't open, but they have plenty of ventilation already. I love that they have natural light now. They have a great view of the woods! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So tired of wasted feed all over the place, this new feeder is just the ticket!

[​IMG]

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    woot woot to the window!!! we have plexi glass installed too, but we have it so it can be slid out or in (summer months etc.) we have the hardwire cloth covering the window and plexi in front of it. works nicely. did you know theres a clear plastic thingy on it, you must peel it off. ( ha i didnt know that the first time) it was like peeling sun burnt skin. (lovely if you know what i mean) ha

3. MomMommyMamma

Jun 13, 2010
    West Virginia
    Quote:Clever about sliding it! Yes, we peeled it [​IMG]

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Nice additions but I would attache something to the top of those PVC pipe that holds more feed.

5. MomMommyMamma

Jun 13, 2010
    West Virginia
    Quote:Why? We enjoying going out daily to spend time with them. The caps on the PVC pop off or we can pour a scoop of fresh feed into the feeder. No big deal.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by