Our Coop

SLA

Songster
Jan 15, 2021
Last summer, during the heart of the pandemic, my husband with the help of his brother, built this coop from scratch. He has made tweaks along the way and since and it seems our girls are quite contented there. The run, including under the raised coop, is 14 by 8 and the coop is 4 by 8. This houses 8 hens. We let them out to forage for an hour or so before dusk. (the hawks seem settled at this point and the coyotes aren’t out yet) Here’s a photo:* (can’t see from photo the perches , including under the coop. 301BBF94-589F-4295-815D-A8C4F14F7C58.jpeg

Last summer, during the heart of the pandemic, my husband with the help of his brother, built this coop from scratch. He has made tweaks along the way and since and it seems our girls are quite contented there. The run, including under the raised coop, is 14 by 8 and the coop is 4 by 8. This houses 8 hens. We let them out to forage for an hour or so before dusk. (the hawks seem settled at this point and the coyotes aren’t out yet) Here’s a photo:* (can’t see from photo the perches , including under the coop.View attachment 2697168
You did a fabulous job! 🥰 The outdoor run with ramps and perches is one of the best ideas I've seen ! You put a lot of thought and hard work into this !I love the landscaping!

Back
Top Bottom