Our diy hobbit house chicken coop

Not nearly enough. A draft in terms of chicken coops is not the same as what we typically think of in human dwellings. You need a lot of airflow through the coop, especially above the birds while they are roosting, but the wind should not be blowing directly on the birds. That is what is meant by well ventilated but draft free.

Not nearly enough. A draft in terms of chicken coops is not the same as what we typically think of in human dwellings. You need a lot of airflow through the coop, especially above the birds while they are roosting, but the wind should not be blowing directly on the birds. That is what is meant by well ventilated but draft free.
Sounds good, we will add some more vents

Agrees about the ventilation.

Is the roof water tight?

What is your climate?
Putting your location in your profile is easy, then it's always there!

Not understanding the purpose of the 'winter' only insulated wall?

It's very cool build, looks like y'all had a blast building it, I have a soft spot for hobbit huts, curves, and shingles. Great build pics.

Agrees about the ventilation.

Is the roof water tight?

What is your climate?
Putting your location in your profile is easy, then it's always there!

Not understanding the purpose of the 'winter' only insulated wall?

It's very cool build, looks like y'all had a blast building it, I have a soft spot for hobbit huts, curves, and shingles. Great build pics.
The roof is very water tight, we used thick roofing rubber in between the dirt and boards, the insulated wall is removable, we just put it in. We’re located in Massachusetts

The roof is very water tight, we used thick roofing rubber in between the dirt and boards, the insulated wall is removable, we just put it in. We’re located in Massachusetts
The rubber comes to or past or over the edge?
There's no roof overhang is why I ask.....
.....would think rain and snow melt might creep in.

Back
Top Bottom