Our duck is 1 month old but still small

I would recommend you feed your duck either all flock, chick starter, or a duck feed depending on what you have available to you. The duckling needs lots of protein and vitamins, especially naicin. Getting the duck on proper feed will be the first thing you need to do. If you provide a pellet feed, the duck will need grit on the side.

Do you have an outdoor space for this duckling to live in once it is ready to go outdoor?

I would recommend you feed your duck either all flock, chick starter, or a duck feed depending on what you have available to you. The duckling needs lots of protein and vitamins, especially naicin. Getting the duck on proper feed will be the first thing you need to do. If you provide a pellet feed, the duck will need grit on the side.

Do you have an outdoor space for this duckling to live in once it is ready to go outdoor?
I live in an apartment not a house so no not really

and our area has alot of dogs so it would be bad for the duck

I see you are using newspaper for bedding? I recommend not using newspaper as it can cause leg problems from it being slippery on their feet. You could use wood chips instead. I also recommend giving him a friend.
We can't really get another duck rn and ill look into it

Your duckling needs fresh water that is deep enough for it to dip its whole head in and it needs actual feed for ducks or an all flock feed. If providing all flock additional niacin is recommended. When giving treats, you also need to provide grit on the side.
Do you plan on making this an apartment duck? Are you getting it out for exercise? Do you have duck diapers so it can run around the apt?
You should also have it in a larger set up with a mirror and stuffed animal since its alone. That is really not the ideal set up for a duck.

wasnt my idea i asked someone on discord and he said to give lemon and onion
Does not make it any more acceptable.

and our area has alot of dogs so it would be bad for the duck

We can't really get another duck rn and ill look into it
Ducks live the happiest lives being able to forage and roam outside in a safe area. They are social birds and should be around other ducks 24/7. If you are not able to provide these, you should consider rehoming the duck to someone who can.

The duckling is pigeon-toed, most likely due to an incorrect diet lacking niacin, and will continue to worsen in condition if dietary needs are not meant. The substrate should be changed to allow better traction and the pen needs to be significantly bigger, with a deeper water dish.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Please don't get any more animals if you are not prepared to care for them properly. This poor duckling was given things no duck should ever eat, an improper diet, improper source for water, improper heat and an improper brooder. We all learn somewhere. Take this as a learning experience.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Please don't get any more animals if you are not prepared to care for them properly. This poor duckling was given things no duck should ever eat, an improper diet, improper source for water, improper heat and an improper brooder. We all learn somewhere. Take this as a learning experience.
I did not get it i found it in a box near a garbage bin

Back
Top Bottom