Our EE Merle hasn't laid an egg in 5 days?

Bluemoon420

The Rooster Queen
10 Years
Mar 27, 2009
Livingston County, MI
Our EE Merle hasn't laid an egg in about 5 days. Merle is the oldest out of our flock. They were all wormed on July 19th, and she was the second to start laying on August 4th. She's only missed a day once until now. I've checked her over twice this week, and she's a happy, healthy girl.
They free range during the day, and I followed them this morning to see if she has been laying them somewhere, and haven't found any nests. All the rest of the girls that are laying are using the nest boxes.

Is this normal???

Bluemoon

I had the same problem with my Golden Sexlink. She just stopped laying one day snd it took her over a week to start again. She was happy and healthy so I was told by the resident chicken expert at the feed store to stop worrying and just let her be. She would start again when she felt like it. I guess I just need to stop being such a worry wart.
roll.png
I guess worrying should start if they look or act sick. Just my experience so far.
smile.png

Is she laying now?

I guess I'm being a worry wart.
hmm.png
She's definitely not sick. She's as bossy as she's always been too.
gig.gif
I've combed thru all our woods, and pine trees, and I can't find any eggs as of yet.

I guess I'll just keep an eye on her.

Bluemoon

Back
Top Bottom