Our Egg Hatching thread! Hatch: Nov. 7th (Hatching Video PG 57)

big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

I've been very patient and have not opened the bator once since I took them off of the turner.
smile.png

But darned if I can't see what the humidity is now... little pipsqueak (maybe that's what I'll call that one! Pipsqueak) knocked over my humidity monitor and now it's face down.
roll.png

I'm assuming my humidity is OK, considering that little chickie hatched just fine.

Wow. I'm on such a rush right now. Pipsqueak is knocking over all of the other eggs, so I can see two more RIW eggs pipped and 2 EE's pipped. And I think there are at least another two that have pips underneath that I can't see yet.

Pipsqueak is sleeping a lot.
smile.png
I have to keep reminding myself it's a newborn who did a lot of hard work to get out of his/her shell.

Eeek for cardboard box fires. I'm sort of glad I opted for the plastic pool.
hmm.png
Congrats on the 4th fuzzie, kodiakchicken!
smile.png

And thanks!!

Congrats Cass!! Probably te best kind of experience....EVER! lol. Hope a bunch more babies hatch!!
I have 9 chicks out and 4 pip/zip stage! yipee!
I'll try to get a good picture of a gooey one
wink.png

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Congrats Michigan!!!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Nothing for me yet
hit.gif

But dont let me ruin your hatching party
smack.gif

LOL
gig.gif

I am SOOOO Kidding!!!
Maybe tonight I will have a surprise
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I better....
barnie.gif

Well I went ahead and candled all the eggs I have left - they aren't due until tomorrow bu the bator smelled umm *odd*. They are all dead - might crack them open later to see what happened if I can tell. One of my serama eggs that are due on the 14th is a quitter also. That leaves one lonely serama mixed egg in the bator all by its lonesome. I do have a dozen serama eggs to put in though - must somehow rinse the tray from the bottom and keep the lonely egg warm...

pbjmaker I am sorry.

Well I have one that hatched. It is gold with little black strips. It hatched from a banty egg. Anyone have clue what it is?

I can not find the camera. My DH had it last. I have looked all over the place. Dang it.

Hi again!

DD came home to find a fifth chick zipping it's shell. She watched it thru the little window and got to see it push it's shell open and then I saw it pop out. So cool!

This one appears to be dark too. So far only one silver baby.

A 6th egg has a pretty good pip in it. Can't see the others so won't be able to see if they have pips until I removed the chicks, probably not until tomorrow morning.

The other chicks are doing well.

Here's some pics of them sleeping. Either chicks grow super fast in their first few days or the ones we got from the hatchery this spring were more than a couple days old. These guys are tiny!

Here's a couple photos:

9122_kodiak_001.jpg

9122_kodiak_002.jpg

9122_kodiak_003.jpg

OMG you guys! Hatching everywhere! Congrats! I have NOTHING yet! I come home from work expecting to see some pips but nothing!
sad.png
I sure hope everyone is ok! Everyone's chicks are SO cute! I can't wait to see my orps! They better hurry up. I'm going to be so sad if I wake up tomorrow to nothing.
SO sorry for those who lost chickies
sad.png
That's sad.
I'm going to take a closer look at those babies you guys all posted
big_smile.png
That will cheer me up.

Back
Top Bottom