Our Egg Hatching thread! Hatch: Nov. 7th (Hatching Video PG 57)

So much has happened since I was on here last.

Congrats to all of you that have peeps and pips and chicks!

Cass, I didn't realize you had so many already! Very cute. So, RIW is Rhode Island White? Very cute!

Everybody else, hang in there. Here's a few extra hatching vibes for you:
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif

All five hatchlings here are doing well. The last big egg still just has a pip. I heard it cheep at me as I was taking the last fluffy butt out of the bator. Hopefully it's still okay and just resting for the big break out.

Still have 3 smaller eggs that haven't pipped yet. I'll be watching and praying for them to make it in the next couple days.

I'm pretty thrilled so far though. Five babies out of 16 may not sound like much, but when you consider the eggs were shipping from Florida to Alaska, that's not too shabby!

Good night everyone. Best of luck through the night and morning!

Erin

Congrats Ricki!!! Keep'em coming
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

Put my BR's, WL and Bantam EE's eggs in the hatcher last night. This morning one of the EE's is already pipping. But I wont be home to see it hatch
sad.png
( Which might be a blessing in disguise since I wont be home to "help".
smile.png
)

OMG OMG OMG OMG

2 more pips!!!!

I think the baby thrashing the eggs around is speeding them up!!!
lau.gif

Michigan- WELLL worth the wait!!!!

I didnt even see the new pips until the baby hatched!!!!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

jumpy.gif

Congrats RickiHupp!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Ok, so #6 is being a bit stubborn, but is still working on it. I opted to very quickly remove the hatchees so I could get them started with food and water, and flip that darned humidity monitor over. Humidity never dropped below 65%, as I had a warm wet sponge to stuff in there the second I opened it up.

Here's the poor little chickie with the bad leg. What do you usually do when you end up with chicks like this? I won't want to use him/her for breeding obviously. That's not a trait I want to pass on.

deformedchick1.jpg

deformedchick2.jpg

I was hoping it would straighten out by morning. It's still hobbling around, but it CAN get around.

Forgot to include the picture of the 5 fuzzies together:

chickstimes5.jpg

Here's my pipping update. 2 more green EE eggs are pipping/zipping. The others are all sitting rather still, but I saw them rocking yesterday, so I'm not giving up on them yet. Won't touch them for a few days unless I smell something rotton. Not pipped yet: 3 EEs and 2 RIWs.

Last edited:
I have one chick. I originally received 8 eggs, 4 were smushed, 4 went into the bator. 2 never developed. 2 went into the hatcher. I had one baby hatch yesterday and I candled the second one today and it was gone. It never pipped the air sack. We're burying it in the chickie graveyard today.

My chick that made it, is very tiny! It turns out to be a black cochin but was in a silkie sized egg to give you an idea of it's size. I feel really aweful for her because she's all alone! Until next weeks hatch anyway. This little one will be staying at our home (unless it turns out to be a boy and then negotiations will be in order)

Sorry to be glum when everyone is so thrilled right now.

Congrats to all the new chickie Mama's!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom