Our Egg Hatching thread! Hatch: Nov. 7th (Hatching Video PG 57)

I'm home again but no more pips:( and the one that did pip has not made any more progress. I really hate the waiting. I have closed the door to the closet where the incubator is and refuse to go back in, well for as long as I can anyway, lol.
Becky

Pat and Becky I sure hope your chicks all hatch! Can't wait to see pictures
big_smile.png
Mine are doing a little better although the one that was making NO progress I decided to help a little by chipping away some of the shell for him. He/she is a black and it's still alive and trying so hard. I'm not touching the membrane because when he moved alot there was a little blood. Obviously he's not ready yet but he has a lot of space to work with now that I chipped away an area of shell for him. If he wanted I think he could stretch out and get out but maybe he's not ready. I have three other pips that are moving around and I have hope for them. It's only been a few hours so by tonight they should be getting out of there. I hope they are all out by the time I have to go to work on Sunday! There is another one that pipped last night that is working on zipping and it's a blue or splash...can't really tell yet but I know it's not black. Whew, this sure can be draining! I have the other two babies that are dried off in the brooder with water and food but neither seem interested. I will try dipping their beaks every hour. I'm going to take more pics now so watch for those
big_smile.png

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
:jumpyOkay Here Are All The Babies
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

yippiechickie.gif
Baby #1
yippiechickie.gif

034-2.jpg

033-2.jpg

032-2.jpg

031-1.jpg

yippiechickie.gif
Baby #2
yippiechickie.gif

037.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

035.jpg

yippiechickie.gif
Baby #3
yippiechickie.gif
(feathered feet)
022-2.jpg

023-1.jpg

024-2.jpg

yippiechickie.gif
Baby #4
yippiechickie.gif

026-2.jpg

027-4.jpg

028-3.jpg

030-2.jpg

White Belly
love.gif

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Are't they beautiful!!!
fl.gif
Anyone have any guesses on gender yet??
fl.gif

I have no Idea who the parents are but the possible choices are:
HENS
ep.gif

BR
RIR
NHR

ROOSTERS
ep.gif

FRIZZLE BANTAM
SULTAN BANTAM
EE

Congratulations, everyone! All your babies are so beautiful.

For those of you that are waiting, just be patient. They know when they need to come out. I had some pip and then wait 12 hours to try anymore. Others seemed to zip right out.

We got our last baby overnight, from one of the small eggs. It's looking like a girl, so we at least got 2 out of 7 hatched. I think the other 2 eggs died. I will candle later and then open them if it looks bad.

And, I am now addicted!!!! I just ordered more blue barred rock and EE eggs! And DH, the one that is supposed to be the voice of reason, is enabling me!

Here we go again!!!

I got 2 hatches a splash or blue (can't tell yet) and a black, four eggs still working on getting out. Two look like they will for sure...not sure of the other two. Three are doing nothing at all that I can see.

Just now pried the computer away from the children to give you all an update. I have 8 eggs pipped!!! One zipped a little (buff cochin) but that is it. I am being patient though and waiting. None of the eggs are the serama and I think I must have put them in a day late(they do only take 19 days right?). Anyway, I am not helping any, just hoping they all get out by tomorrow.
Becky

Our seven are settled in ad establishing their pecking order already. I candled the last two eggs and decided they were dead.

I opened them and one of them looked like it quit around day 16-17 - it was still pretty small. The other one was full grown and completely filling the egg, which is weird because it candled with a big clear spot. Anyway, I couldn't see why it didn't make it. The membrane was really hard to open, so it might have dried out. The bator got opened quite a bit toward the end. Those eggs were pretty small too. The full grown chick was wrapped so tight in there that it's face wasn't even showing. I don't know how it could have gotten it's beak out.

Anyway, we ended up with 7 healthy chicks and I'm quite happy with that.

I hope everyone else enjoys the rest of their hatches!

You will greatly improve your hatching success if you allow your eggs to "rest" pointy end down at room temperature for 24 hours prior to placing in your incubator.......Your air cells need to settle from shipping............ promise~
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom