Our Egg VS. Store-bought!

ep.gif

I wonder if your local university extension office might have a scientist who might want to look at that. Everybody's studying nutrition like crazy lately. The oranger color MIGHT be related to Omega3 fatty acids, if your hen has been eating certain things higher in Omega3's and concentrating them into her eggs. Mostly, nutritionists are searching out sources of Omega3's vs. Omega6's in foods.

Or, she may be getting red gummybears or other artificially colored snacks from a friendly child? Or iodine-rich seafood?

No candy, lol. She has been getting a lot of fresh fish. I don't think hubby would pay to have tests done on the eggs. That would be so darn awesome though.
th.gif

Thats what hubby says abut hunting dogs! He raises redbone coonhounds, hehe.

I don't think it would cost you anything, if a scientist wants the data its up to them what they'll spend looking at your specimen. The data might be priceless, though. I'd start looking into patents for the recipe your hen uses to make those special eggs!

Maybe the "Eggs Page" on Mother Earth News would have a resource? Also Joel Salatin's people might know who'd want the data. Really, eggs and nutrition are very big hot science lately. You might have something special there.

Or, maybe just a special color.
idunno.gif
Is this one of those "red algae" growth years in the lower east coast states? Maybe her seafood is just colored, and its passing through into her eggs...

Woah, that's pretty intense! I wonder if your other hens will continue with this coloring. Then you might be able to determine whether its the food or not a bit better.

Back
Top Bottom