Our First Butchered Chicken- A Story and Pictures! (Graphic)

Fantastic post, yummy looking bird and wonderful looking family
thumbsup.gif

Raising Orps for ourselves also - as dual purpose - will be next year before we have full orps for munching.

Thanks again for documenting.

Thank you for posting that website blog, it is fantastic reading! No excuses now for not butchering a chicken, great details and instructions.

There has been several good threads on butchering and cleaning birds, its just wonderful how people will take the time to take great pictures and explain step by step how to do this.

I think it's funny that people don't think twice about eating birds they buy from the store when they have no idea how it was raised, what it was fed, what kinds of medications it was pumped full, nor what kinds of deseases it may have had. But they would never ever ever eat anything that came from my or your backyard!
My mom is even kinda worried about eating my hens eggs because they aren't pasturized.

Nice post. Our first six we processed was such a good experience and tasted so GREAT I never want a store bought again. Unfortunately I'll have to buy some as I don't have enough freezer space/coop space to raise a bunch. But I process what I can. Nothing beats free ranged/home grown chicken meat! So glad you had a great experience. We have a buff orp roo that is going to be dinner in about 3 months, can't wait. I keep going out there telling him to grow faster. He doesn't listen. Darn chicken!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom