Our first egg today! Update! More eggs... with a surprise!!

Oh my gosh you guys!!!

Pumpkin laid another egg today, and so did Petunia!
big_smile.png

Now get this... Petunia's egg was cracked, so I decided I'd use it right away and bake a cake since I had three eggs. I finshed cracking Petunia's egg into a bowl...

IMG_0052.jpg

It was a double yolk! Small yolks, for sure... but a double!

Then I cracked Pumpkin's egg from today into the bowl...

IMG_0053.jpg

DOUBLE YOLK AGAIN!!!

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL...

Yep, you guessed it! I cracked Pumpkin's egg from yesterday into the bowl, and...

IMG_0057.jpg

ep.gif
I couldn't believe it!! Wow!
big_smile.png

Very exciting!
celebrate.gif
I have a Petunia, too! She is a dark cornish. I just got some hens, so now I am actually getting more than one egg a day!
wee.gif
Do you mind if I borrow Pumpkin's name for one of my chickens that I just got? None of them have any names and Pumpkin is a perfect name for that color!
thumbsup.gif

Congratulations!

Shelly

WOW! What are you feedin' those girls??? I girls are 21 weeks old and still not laying....
I can't wait...Dixie

Shelly... of course I don't mind if you use the name Pumpkin!
big_smile.png
You're right it is a perfect name for that color! I have three red stars but they are all slightly different in coloring. The lightest one is Pumpkin... then there's one who is mottled with lots of white like her but with darker red color, and that's Spice. The one that has the least white on her is Cinnamon.

We're feeding them just regular grower feed that you get from TSC and just now switched to layer feed.
smile.png
They also get lots of pasture time and fruits and veggies.

Thanks!
big_smile.png
The boys (8 & 10) LOVED the name Pumpkin, and decided to continue the theme with her "sister" we got, and named her Mango! LOL! 3 down, 11 to go! LOL!

Congrats again on the eggs. It is really exciting!
thumbsup.gif

Shelly

Woo Hoo! Congratulations! Those little Red Stars are great layers!

I've had multiple double yolks from my ladies too. Aren't fresh eggs so beautiful and yummy?

Store bought eggs are so pale in comparison.

Did I get this right?? They started laying at 15 weeks???

And all double yolkers.. that too cool.. Love the baby petunia yolkers.. Congrats.. I can't wait for my girls to start laying..

Back
Top Bottom