Our First Egg!

cafafwhisp

Chirping
Nov 14, 2020
The hens have been with us for 2.5 weeks and I was told they were already laying. This morning we have our first egg. So pleased, I have spent the last week thinking we might only start getting them in Spring.
I have no idea which hen laid the egg, but one hen has a much bigger and brighter comband wattle so Im guessing it was her. The others comb and wattle are a bit more red/pink but all seem in great health, so I cannot decide if its just their age or something more worrying?
Any thoughts?

Off to sample the egg now 😍

Attachments

• IMG-20201122-WA0011.jpeg
    IMG-20201122-WA0011.jpeg
    186.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
The hens have been with us for 2.5 weeks and I was told they were already laying. This morning we have our first egg. So pleased, I have spent the last week thinking we might only start getting them in Spring.
I have no idea which hen laid the egg, but one hen has a much bigger and brighter comband wattle so Im guessing it was her. The others comb and wattle are a bit more red/pink but all seem in great health, so I cannot decide if its just their age or something more worrying?
Any thoughts?

Off to sample the egg now 😍

Attachments

• signs-.jpeg
    signs-.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 2
And such a beautiful egg it is!!!

I know all my chick eggs apart. This is how I learned. During quarantine, I went outside to check on my chicks frequently. Oftentimes, one would be missing. So i assumed she was laying an egg. When I went back out, she would have rejoined the flock.I go look for eggs and if there is one, I know who laid it. Now it’s easy to identify which hen laid what egg because each egg is so different. Congrats on your first egg and enjoy it!

Back
Top Bottom