Our First Egg!

MamaHynne

Songster
8 Years
Mar 19, 2011
Green Cove Springs
What a morning! My son was leaving for work and ran back inside frantic! He said,"Mom HURRY! QUICK! THE CHICKENS!!!!"
barnie.gif

A sense of dread cloaked me and I couldn't rush, for I just knew something awful had happened to my feathered family. My heart sank, my palms were sweating. I crossed the threshold only to hear my big White Wyandotte Rooster, "Pinot" crowing for the first time!
th.gif
woot.gif

DSCN0845.jpg

But that's not all. There was also this familiar sound of a hen clucking up a fuss. It was the sound--y'all know it, the "OH-MY-BUTT-I-LAID-AN-EGG" cackle. I rushed around tho their pen and the hen became silent. So I had no idea who it was. I lifted the hinged door to their coop and found this gorgeous egg.
wee.gif
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

July232011FirstEgg.jpg

D.gif
yippiechickie.gif

The egg is medium sized, so I don't think it was Omlette or Huevo --our BO hens.
idunno.gif
Could've been my RIR--Rosie, or possibly Piper, my SLW, or Whiskey or Tequila--GLW. I'm hoping to catch a gal in the act tomorrow.
pop.gif

Last edited:
Ok, so I found out who was laying the egg(s). It was Omlette, my BO hen. By the end of the weekend, she laid 3 eggs! Yay!
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif

So my oldest son, Forrest, said, "Wow Mom, now she's a 3-egg Omlet!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom