Our First Egg...

Congratulations to all newbies out there. I just joined the club myself this morning
It is right about 22 weeks for this Mottled Java gal of ours. I was beginning to wonder when & who would be the first as there are a total of 14 same age sister hens with her (all different breeds; Polish, Brahmas, Orps, Cochins,Silkie, Wyndottes & Ameraucanas).
I tried the golf ball trick of placing them into the nesting boxes just two mornings ago and I think it worked.

What a comotion it was with all the cheering on by her sisters as "Java" worked her magic alone in the Holiday Hen house! It was such a louder and different sounding cackeling that I knew it had to be a genuine egg laying moment.

What fun.

Happy New Eggs to you and yours!!!
cool.png

Thank you all for the well wishes. Yes it is indeed going to be a happy new year here. I hope it is the same way for all. I am most excited to see now two eggs from Silver. Her unique behavior as of late was indeed her response to being far ahead than her siblings in the egg laying department. I hope all keeps going well here with our little hens as it will surely be a New Year with these four lovely hens in our lives. I surely can say we are happier than ever now. I am wishing you all a wonderful new year filled with healthy hens and plenty of eggs too tehe
yippiechickie.gif
:clap. And to all newly first eggers
welcome-byc.gif
and welcome to your first egg tehe
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom