Our First Egg

kris41

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
Maine
Hi everyone.

Well, we finally have our first egg. It was like Christmas morning when my daughter found it. She was so proud of it. She repeatedly opened the fridge to look at it and even asked me if she could take it to bed with her that night. I have no idea which chicken this egg came from, but my daughter decided that it was this sweet little BR girl.

Kristie

12434_our_first_egg.jpg

can i just say, that is an awesome photo...i dig the boots and the fact that she is hugging the chicken!

if she puts it under her pillow, maybe the tooth fairie will think it's a REALLLLLLY big tooth and get like, eleventy-billion bucks!

congrats and God's richest blessings on your flock for health and yummy eggs! (and on that sweet little one in the swanky boots)

Thanks guys.

We call those her mucker boots and that is what she wears to see the chickens. I can't have chicken poop tracked all through my house.
tongue.png
She wears those boots so much, that they are cracking around the edges and we have already decided to ask Santa for some more. If you can't tell, they are also on the wrong feet.
She does love her chickens though.

Kristie

Awwww your little girl is a beauty. That pic. is so cute. The story about her wanting to take the egg to bed is so cute. Glad she loves her chickens so much. P.S. congrats on the first egg, it is a real hoot.

Thanks everyone.

We are very happy with both our daughters and our chickens.
big_smile.png

Even the baby loves to sit and watch them.

Kristie

Back
Top Bottom