Our First Ever TWINS!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by helmstead, Nov 12, 2007.

1. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Our doe Sugar finally kidded tonight - we managed to be there from start to finish. AND she had twins! WOO HOO! She's always had singletons, so this took her by surprise, too!

She had a buckling and a doeling. Of course, their names are Sweet and Low HAHAHA!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] how neat is that ! CONGRATS,,,,, I just completed a job working at a pumpkin patch which had goats in the petting zoo......one had twins while I was caring for the zoo........sad to say they were premature and did not survive,but it was awesome to see another one come ! Enjoy [​IMG]

3. helmstead

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Here is a better photo from this morning. Both kids are doing GREAT and Sugar is being a wonderful mother for her first multiple birth.

[​IMG]

4. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    ARRRGGGGG - why do those babies have to be SOOO CUTE!??!?

They are so cute and she looks to be a very proud mama!

5. NewGuineaChooks

NewGuineaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    That's great! soglad that she's taking to both of them even though its her first twins.

We're just getting some of ours bred now, so its going to be a while before we get new ones. (4 milkers)

How many goats do you have ? My sister said "I want one with an udder like that" when I showed her the picture of your new doe.

6. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Aww... they are so stinkin' cute!!! [​IMG]

7. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    Oh MAN spring is taking toooo long LOL Those are some cute babies and I love the names.....sugar had sweet and low LOL

8. helmstead

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Quote:Hmm, counting the new kids, we have 14 right now. Our main herd consists of 9 does and 2 bucks.

Thanks for the compliments! I'm giddy! DH has been saying all along he thought Sugar had two in there. She's 5 years old and has ALWAYS had singletons...so I thought there was no way. I owe him a steak dinner, now! LOL

9. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Congrats!!!!!! They are precious!!!!!!! I keep trying to get DH to let me have one, but he says NO [​IMG] I keep telling a farm is not a farm without a goat, but he is stubborn. Not to mention we had an attack last week by some wild dogs... ate the neighbors goat... surprised us (knocking on wood)... they didnt get any of our chickens. I guess I will just have to enjoy those who have them and post pics!!! Hint hint

10. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Aww...Kate congrats on the twins!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by