Our first experience with treats

pfenning_pfarm

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 15, 2010
Springfield,VT
Today we decided to give the babies their first treat, a little bit of scrambled eggs. We put it in a lid and set down. They were not even remotely interested. Then I tossed a piece towards the flock of scaredy birds hiding on the opposite side of the brooder...that set off the kentucky derby apparently. I don't think I ever had so much fun watching something eat. Apparently, these chickens are not civilized and would rather not eat off a plate,lol. Oh well. I just wanted to share my first treat experience with folks who probably don't think I am completely crazy. Non chicken lovers just look at me like I have six heads when I start getting excited about the chickens.
smile.png

You'll find that 1) chickens are very hesitant when it comes to anything new, so the plate probably intimidated them, and 2) competition is a huge motivator with chickens...lol. It wouldn't matter if one grabbed a piece of paper, they'd all be after it...lol.
I don't think chicks would be interested in ice...maybe adult birds.
hu.gif

Quote:
He he he...I noticed that about them. It sorta reminded me of the dodo birds on ice age. MINE! MINE MINE!!! I love watchin them their so funny. I didn't think about the plated intimidating them, but that is a good point.

Back
Top Bottom