Our first flock.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tifanicole, Mar 14, 2017.

1. tifanicole

tifanicole Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2017
    Spring Hill, FL
    Hi! I'm Tifani. I live in West Central Florida. This will be my first backyard flock. my 2 girls ( Lily 11 and Violet 7 ) and I are very excited. I've been reading advice here in preparation and decided it was time to stop lurking [​IMG]

2. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    Welcome to BackYard Chickens and I hope you enjoy your stay and get any and all questions answered!

1 person likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Tifani, so glad you joined us at Backyard chickens. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, Tifani, and [​IMG]! It's great to have you in our community!

1 person likes this.
  5. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    1 person likes this.
  6. LauraBrown

LauraBrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC Tifani! Glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Tifani [​IMG] Welcome!

If you have not already checked it out, I recommend a visit to the Learning Centre; lots of good tips there: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Best wishes to you and your flock.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

8. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Chicken Obsessed

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    Welcome to BYC, Tifani! It's great to have you with us!

1 person likes this.
  9. AuntJamie

AuntJamie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2017
    Sort of Central Ohio
    That's the way to do it. Research before getting them! Welcome and I'm sure you'll find chickens very rewarding. Do you know what kinds or how many you'll get?

10. tifanicole

tifanicole Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2017
    Spring Hill, FL

We picked up our flock on Friday, it's kind of a mixed bag. At the suggestion of a girlfriend and expert backyard chicken keeper I leg everyone get what they wanted so we would have a diverse flock.
    So we have; 2 Easter Eggers, 1, Black Australorp, 1 RIR, 1 Golden Laced Wyandotte, 1 Light Brahma, 1 Barred Rock, 1 Buff Orpington
    We intended on only 6 birds but, chicken math. Luckily it will be very warm here soon and I can move them from the brooder into the brand new, empty, coop before the brooder is too crowded [​IMG]
    My son is home from college this week on Spring Break and somehow convinced his friends that building a chicken coop will be fun [​IMG] So tomorrow is the big build.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by