Our first outdoor adventure! Lots of pics!

4H kids and mom

Cooped Up
12 Years
Mar 10, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
Today was so lovely and sunny, so I just had to take some of the chickies out! They LOVED it! There was wing stretching...
Picture049.jpg

and lots of pecking around...
Picture074.jpg

most stayed stuck to us like glue! Even climbing all over the kids...
Picture060.jpg

Picture052.jpg

Picture048.jpg

We all had a GREAT time! It reached a high of about 74 today, so it was perfect weather for them.
wink.png
It was soooo cute that when we'd try to get up and walk away, they all fly or scamper after us just as quick as they can! BTW, this is not ALL of our babies. These are what we beleive are our hens. These are the friendly biddies we play with everyday.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Awwwww!! How old are the munchkins?

The one facing the camera in the third picture is darling!

(Ha, 74 would be nice :3 It's barely spring and it feels like the high is usually 80-something)

Last edited:
I love it! Was that chickenduck, front right in the second picture?

Don't you love how they're starting to get a little raggedy with their baby fluff coming out between the feathers. Our babies are the same age, and they look like that too. It is so funny to me!

cookinmom...yep! Thats our little ChickenDuck! My daughter is praying its a female because then she's garaunteed a 'place' in our flock...lol
big_smile.png
We have one chick that a SUPER fluffy right now, it looks really weird!! Its got fluff sticking up on its head and just looks really goofy with their still oversized feet!

akahn01....We are raising Ameraucanas and Easter Eggers. We love their uniquness and colors, and their personalities are so darling!

zimmy....they will be 3 weeks old on Tuesday. Already nearly fully feathered and they each weigh close to a pound! They LOVED it outside and we had a blast having them climb all over us! It was like they were all saying "Wait! Dont leave me here!" and when we'd walk alway they'd charge after us in kind of a half fly half run thing that made us all laugh!
lol.png

I love first days out! They get so excited and are so anxious to explore. Graet fun. Nice chicks,look like EE"s

tnokie....some of them are EE's and some are Ameraucanas. I love their individuality!
big_smile.png
Its nice to have chicks that all look unique...makes them easier to name!
tongue.png

I've been taking them out everyday now for about an hour or so at a time, and they LOVE it! Its funny though that if I get up or walk away, they are right on my heels peeping at me like "Hey! Wait for me Mom!" I laugh everytime! Cute little boogers sure grow on ya...
tongue.png

mom, thanks for sharing the pics of the happy peeps. Even when they grow and become adults they will continue to entertain every day. Gotta luv them peeps!

bigzio

Back
Top Bottom