Our goose tried to kill a chicken!!

My toulouse sleep and nest in the attached run of my biggest chicken coop. During the early spring when they had a nest, one of my welsummers wandered in and was subsequently tossed about til she was 1/2 bald, and died a few days later. Most of the birds know to stay away from them, and they usally aren't a threat. But during breeding season.....watch out!

Quote:
2X I call them my "morality police" I have Americans and they never mess with the chickens or ducks unless they're breeding.

Last edited:
Quote:
2X I call them my "morality police" I have Americans and they never mess with the chickens or ducks unless they're breeding.

yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif

lau.gif

lau.gif

LOL @ morality police . Sounds just like mine.

Quote:

LOL @ morality police . Sounds just like mine.

My drakes are getting used to it and pretty much ignore the geese and go on about their business. But I know exactly what's going on outside because the geese have a special "siren" they used when policing for breeding.
lol.png

Quote:
That is exactly how it is here. They also don't like any other birds fighting and they break up fights. Other than that our geese, including the Embdens are awesome. Most people are surprise when they see them.

Thanks everyone! That helps. It could have been that our drake was trying to mate the chicken and the goose was trying to stop it. Our drake has been trying to mate with the chickens for a month or so now and we plan to get him some girls but we feel it's too late now to get babies until after January and haven't found older ones that we want through posts yet. We have kept them pretty much separated since it happened giving them each their own time to range alone and keeping the chickens and turkey in the pen while the geese patrol the yard the rest of the time. I hope that it will all settle down once we get the duck his own harem. My husband is clearing out an 8 x 35 foot space for the geese and ducks behind the chicken pen all the while advocating for a nice goose dinner.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom