Our goose tried to kill a chicken!!

Quote:
2X I call them my "morality police" I have Americans and they never mess with the chickens or ducks unless they're breeding.

LOL @ morality police . Sounds just like mine.

My drakes are getting used to it and pretty much ignore the geese and go on about their business. But I know exactly what's going on outside because the geese have a special "siren" they used when policing for breeding.
lol.png

Quote:
That is exactly how it is here. They also don't like any other birds fighting and they break up fights. Other than that our geese, including the Embdens are awesome. Most people are surprise when they see them.

Thanks everyone! That helps. It could have been that our drake was trying to mate the chicken and the goose was trying to stop it. Our drake has been trying to mate with the chickens for a month or so now and we plan to get him some girls but we feel it's too late now to get babies until after January and haven't found older ones that we want through posts yet. We have kept them pretty much separated since it happened giving them each their own time to range alone and keeping the chickens and turkey in the pen while the geese patrol the yard the rest of the time. I hope that it will all settle down once we get the duck his own harem. My husband is clearing out an 8 x 35 foot space for the geese and ducks behind the chicken pen all the while advocating for a nice goose dinner.
hmm.png

The only time that my Embden geese will attack the other animals is when the "see" a rooster breeding with a hen and when my drakes breed with my hens. My geese do not tolerate breeding "of another species". They only approve of their own breeding.
hmm.png
I have a very badly injured roo in quarantine right now because our gander beat the crap out of him. I am sure it’s because he was eating a chicken. He’s an asshole rooster but I still feel badly for him. Has hardly any feathers left and bruised from head to toe.

Your rooster was eating a chicken?

Hopefully your rooster will have learned a valuable lesson once he's healed up and back with the flock. The geese are the only birds I have that my rooster respects. To all the rest of the birds including the Muscovy drake and his girls and the Runners and Buffs and the chickens the rooster is King. lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom