Our gorgeous Copper Blue Maran / LegBar Cross - Olive passed away.

BigFuzzball

Songster
8 Years
Nov 25, 2015
Leicestershire, England
She'd only been with us 7 months but made a lasting impression in her short life.
Nothing we nor the vets could do to save her, tried everything, wormers, antibiotics, vitamins, tonics, no idea even why she was 'poorly' - ate very well, grew bigger in size but never put bulk or weight on, full of mischief, loved being cuddled and carried around, but always seemed to be able to sleep anywhere and anytime.......and usually did !
Am sure Ruby is looking after you again, sleep well little girl..............
Olive 2.jpg

She'd only been with us 7 months but made a lasting impression in her short life.
Nothing we nor the vets could do to save her, tried everything, wormers, antibiotics, vitamins, tonics, no idea even why she was 'poorly' - ate very well, grew bigger in size but never put bulk or weight on, full of mischief, loved being cuddled and carried around, but always seemed to be able to sleep anywhere and anytime.......and usually did !
View attachment 2384818
So beautiful. Did she have the waterbelly? Lost my Georgiegirl to that; she tried so hard; I miss her terribly. So sorry for the pain you're experiencing. Its a rough world for our sweet chickens.❤,

So beautiful. Did she have the waterbelly? Lost my Georgiegirl to that; she tried so hard; I miss her terribly. So sorry for the pain you're experiencing. Its a rough world for our sweet chickens.❤,
Sorry to hear about Georgiegirl, no, nothing you could feel or see, no obvious discomfort, vet checked her over completely and apart from her losing weight despite eating and drinking could find nothing. We're assuming maybe a growth or cancer internally but whatever it was took her overnight while we had her inside in isolation. A short life but one she enjoyed to the full and we wouldn't have missed having her for anything, despite how awful we feel now.

View attachment 2384818
I'm sorry for your loss 😥

Back
Top Bottom