Our new silkies rock!! :)

MamaBulla

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 10, 2011
Cabarrus County, NC
To give you a little background information, we have an americauna pullet with a bad leg thanks to my rough-housing german shepherd. We've been hand-feeding and watering her while she's been in a diy leg contraption, and she's been all alone with only us for company. Yeah, spoiled chicken!
wink.png
We bought some silkie pullets Friday night and have them in an open storage bin in the house until we get our small outdoor coop cleaned out and ready for them. While I was at work this evening, my husband realized that our americauna's good leg was starting getting atrophy from being confined with the bad one. He decided she'd be better off being gimpy but at least having the one good leg, so off went the contraption. I agree with his decision.

Just for the heck of it, I put Pogo (newly renamed given her current circumstances) in the bin with the silkies, and they just snuggled right up with her without even a second thought!! How cool is that?!?!? I can't tell you how happy that makes me! It's just so perfect! The funny thing is our partridge silkie, Isis, and Pogo could be sisters! (Okay, minus the whole fluff thing)

I'm just a proud chicken mama at the moment. It's such a relief knowing that Pogo can be a part of a flock instead of lone gimpy chicken.

Back
Top Bottom