Our newly finished pallet coop!!

Very nice coop. nifty! I have had a similiar idea using pallets but never went forward with it. Congrats!

I posted these pictures under another forum topic a while back and figured I would share them here. We put a little over $100 in the finished product since I could not find some small lumber and hardware for free. But overall we have saved a lot of money by going this route. We leave the door to the run open so the hens and rooster get to roam free all day. We do occasionally keep them locked in the run but not very ofter right now. It measures 8'x10' with a 10'x25' run. The netting over the top came from Lowes and was about $7 for a 14'x14' section. Other than that its a pretty simple coop design. My wife and I are by no means carpenters so this was a challenging, yet fun and rewarding, project!

Awesome!!! Thanks for taking time to document

It currently houses 14 with 3 little ones we are about to introduce to the flock. They have PLENTY of space within the coop itself. I will try to get a good picture this afternoon when they go to roost.

That is cool! Not sure how many it took my hubby. We have an unlimited supply of pallets through his work, he works for a bulk mailing facility and they are trying to get rid of them. We plan on maybe doing a bigger one in the spring but we only have 3 chickens so the A-Frame is pretty ideal and for our first one I think he did a wonderful job. I will have to show him yours so maybe we can build something similar? Such a good idea and a wonderful job! Can't wait to see more pictures
smile.png

Amazing. Definitely bookmarking this. It's brilliant what you can do with old pallets. I'd have given the roof more overhang, but you probably don't get as much rain where you are. You say the siding is cut-up pallets too? It doesn't look like it at all. Great work
thumbsup.gif

This is great! I've been thinking about using pallets for a larger coop but I didn't want the variations in the pallets to be visible. I love the idea of putting shingles over it! I may have to copy that. Can you tell me approximately how many shingles you had to use?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom