Our Shipping Crate Coop - finally finished!!! (pic heavy)

Was near Knoxville a couple of weeks ago visiting some family. We went to a used books store (LOVED IT) and there was some sort of furnature store next door. I had a FIT when I saw the PILE of huge crates and crate parts laying all over the lot behind the stores. If I had had some way to haul them home - I'd have been ALL OVER it.
The feed store near me has a pile of old pallets the size of a barn (the pile - not the pallets) behind their back shed. He said they just toss them back there and let them rot and I can have them if I want them. I was hesitant during the cold months - wondering how much good that old wood could be... and now I'm afraid of the snakes and spiders..... What do yall think? Worth the risk? From what I can see of it, it's all pretty greyed out by weather. I don't care how it looks - but don't want to have to replace boards just a few months after putting them together.

If you can get pallets get the yellow ones, they are the newest, Look somewhere else if you can't find them at the feed store. I get pallets from a carpet outlet, not the store where they sell carpet, but from the place that gets the carpet from the mills. This place has some nice ones.
I got 3 trailer loads from them and they were happy to give them to me.

That looks Awesome..
yippiechickie.gif

Great job !
I wish I could find a small one about 36"x36"..

I am bookmarking your coop pics; such wonderful resource for when we finally get some time to build something - hopeful in the next couple mos to prepare for getting a few "girls" in the late winter or early spring. Thanks for sharing this wonderful design.
Lynn
Seattle area

Back
Top Bottom