Our Shipping Crate Coop - finally finished!!! (pic heavy)

There is a shipping company near DFW that give shipping crates away for free, some are still assembled, most are dis-assembled.

Moogie, LOVE YOUR COOP!!
droolin.gif

mommy2-- do you happen to know that company's name?

Been trying to find the paper I copies the info onto from Craig's List...

Found it!

Company giving away free wooden crates to anyone willing to come pick them up ASAP! All various sizes!!!! Good for shipping, storing or scrap wood!!!! Please Contact Bill Seace if interesred: 972-512-3687
Dated 1-13-2012

If anyone is interested in purchasing a large, walk-in shipping crate (5x8x7) to use as a shipping coop, the guy on Craigslist has listed them again. He's been out for a while, due to deer season - they were all purchased as deer blinds.

I am not in any way associated with this seller, but several of you have asked where to buy these and they're not always available.

So, if you live in the D/FW area -- here's a link:
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/grd/2806221116.html

I hope this doesn't break any forum rules. You can always go to Craigslist and search for:
Chicken Coop - $150 (Lewisville)

Was near Knoxville a couple of weeks ago visiting some family. We went to a used books store (LOVED IT) and there was some sort of furnature store next door. I had a FIT when I saw the PILE of huge crates and crate parts laying all over the lot behind the stores. If I had had some way to haul them home - I'd have been ALL OVER it.
The feed store near me has a pile of old pallets the size of a barn (the pile - not the pallets) behind their back shed. He said they just toss them back there and let them rot and I can have them if I want them. I was hesitant during the cold months - wondering how much good that old wood could be... and now I'm afraid of the snakes and spiders..... What do yall think? Worth the risk? From what I can see of it, it's all pretty greyed out by weather. I don't care how it looks - but don't want to have to replace boards just a few months after putting them together.

Back
Top Bottom