Our son is like a bottomless pit!

Bettacreek

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 7, 2009
Central Pennsyltucky
Our son is no longer a little boy, he's a bottomless pit. He's 14 months old, and is going through a growth spurt. Between the two of us, we used to eat less than what my husband eats (not by much, but just a tad less). Right now, my son alone is eating MORE than my husband. He's eating three square meals a day, plus snack times. And when I say meals, I mean meals, he'll eat an entire chicken leg quarter and a full size serving of whatever sides we're having (corn, peas, mac & cheese, etc) for dinner, two eggs for breakfast and about half a piece of toast, lunch will be a full serving of whatever we make (leftovers from dinner, pasta, etc), and snack is usually either something like Tutti Fruittis, some type of fruit or veggies, etc, and he'll eat a massive amount of that as well. He's most certainly not overweight, and he's actually on the lower end of the weight chart, and there's nothing wrong with him. I've heard of people talking about how teenagers (boys in particular) really eat you out of house and home, but I've never heard of kids this young doing so. I can only imagine what his teen years will be like, we'll have to have three farms and hired hands just to feed the kid!

I ate like that when I was a kid, just ate tons and tons of food, I still do 52 yrs later. I can eat all day long and super big portions for every meal, and i am still 6'2" tall and weigh 175 lbs. Our grocery bill is crazy stupid, my wife just sighs as I help her pack the freezer LOL LOL. just watch out, make sure it doesn't get out of hand.

AL

Oh does that bring back memories! I told my son he could have all of the cereal and milk he wanted when he was hungry between or after meals. I bought the big generic bags of cereal. When he was in high school he was on the swim team and he would sometimes eat a box of cereal and a quart of milk in an evening. It was cheaper than snack food and healthier for him too. Now his kids are in sports and he is seeing how much they eat. They go to a favorite chinese buffet if they ever eat out, because they can't seem to full them up.

Lol. Everyone (family) gets on our case about him being "small", but the doctors all say that he's fine. I, myself am overweight, so I'll definately keep an eye on him, because I was underweight all of my life until my teen years, then I just went "pop". We already had to get an extra freezer, and there's just my husband, myself and our son (second child is still on the way). I hope the second one isn't a bottomless pit as well! Lol. I'm just astonished at how much the little guy can eat.

Let me tell you a story about a 5 year old. Had a party at the house to watch the fights. Bunch of men, and about 25 pizzas. My son comes down and says " can I have pizza?" Sure have some pizza. He sits down and eats an entire large pizza. 30 minutes later he is asking for apple. Umm Hmm, gets worse.....

3 teen boys here.....
10638_1zhelp.gif

I think I'm going through a growth spurt too... I have two dinners every night... Can't wait until there are 6 (4 boys 2 girls) teenagers in my house... Lol

Don't worry, two weeks from now the kid will be living on a single cracker and two sips of milk. Those growth spurt eating binges don't last. But the 11 year old boy who eats more food than me....that will only get worse. Not really looking forward to feeding two teenage boys in a few years.

Back
Top Bottom