Our Trip To Yosemite

Thanks for all the nice comments!
smile.png

We were "car camping" for 3 nights. Our campsite and tent we reserved (it was the only one available) was right next to the bathrooms so, while convenient, it wasn't super private.

Yosemite is super beautiful, but it feels too much like an amusement park than "camping". I don't think I'd like to go every year, but rather explore less populated parks / wilderness. It would be fun to visit every 4-7 years though.

Oh, and while there were lots of reports of black bears going through the campsite every night and my in-laws seeing them a couple times, we never saw them.

Overall a good trip, but it's great to be back!

Wow, that waterfall is amazing! I've never been there, but I'd like to go someday. In that second picture, is that the same waterfall in the background that you and your family were sitting in front of in the first picture? Did you guys walk that distance? I'm just wondering how the little ones fared if you did walk it. At that age mine would have been begging to be carried, lol. Now they hike just fine. In fact, in April my friend and I took my kids hiking through a state park here in Indiana, and my kids happily hiked around 5 miles without a single complaint. It was great, and it's fabulous memories later on for the kids. Your kids will love looking back on these pictures later on.

Nope, those were different waterfalls (there were huge ones all over the place). The first pic was at the "lower" part of Yosemite Falls .

We didn't do a ton of hiking, but did a bit with some friends and their kids which helped distract our kids from realizing they really were hiking!
wink.png

Quote:
The bears were headed to your unguarded chicken coop back home! Nice pics Nifty - so nice to see everybody's smiling faces.

Tuoloame Meadows is a great place to camp - alot more private than the more frequented campgrounds. Also camping in June Lake is a real treat, and a 90 minute drive to Yosemite. Let me know if you want more information. I used to live up that way and went to local lakes and Yosemite every year, almost as soon as Tioga pass opened.

Back
Top Bottom