Our Wise & Benevolent Flock Leader Has Passed... RIP, Isaac

I am so sorry for your loss. What a special boy. I was crying reading his story. AnImals bring so much to our lives. Grateful he had a good last day and did not suffer. Take good care during this difficult time.

I would be happy to make a special memorial for Isaac. I will send you a PM.

I am so sorry for your loss. What a special boy. I was crying reading his story. AnImals bring so much to our lives. Grateful he had a good last day and did not suffer. Take good care during this difficult time.

I would be happy to make a special memorial for Isaac. I will send you a PM.

Aren't you a sweetheart! Thank you. It's difficult getting used to his absence but he lived a great life and always had adoring hens. He was a rock star around here. In fact, when I was picking my breeding male to keep out of the hatch he came from, at six weeks of age, I said to the breeder that he was a real rock star. And until I decided for sure on him, we actually called him The Rockstar. It wasn't until he was the last one here that we gave him a proper name. Isaac seemed to fit a wise ruler.

Is is amazing how each animal is different and there are some that will hold a special place in our hearts.

I hope I will have a bond with a chicken someday. Will send you some info later.
((((((Hugs)))))

I'm so sorry.
hugs.gif
He sounds like he was so very special, and a really sweet boy. I'm certain he will be missed a lot. You will always have his memories.
hugs.gif

An update: Isaac's hens are adjusting to being with Deacon, the blue Rock hens more so than the head hen, June. June is having the most difficult time accepting Deacon, but even Georgie who has never been with another rooster other than Isaac (and Deacon when he was much younger), has accepted his presence back with the group.

Neela, one of the blues, is extremely thin and has a cyst-like protrusion from her left nare that has closed most of it off, but it bleeds if you mess with it so I've left it alone. I'm dreading Deacon losing her because he's experienced the loss of three hens already, yet, I've given him a bunch of older hens so it's inevitable, I suppose. For a consolation prize, Little Tessa, Atlas's daughter out of big Ida, will be Deacon's girl when she's old enough; she's almost 14 weeks old. Deacon seems happy and Rita is getting along with Ike's hens better than she was at first. I still feel a big hole with Isaac gone; my DH commented on it just today.

OH NO ! ! ! I did not know that Isaac passed until just now.
hit.gif

He was always my favorite of all your roosters. He made me love the Delaware breed, too.

Darn!
Thank you, Kathy. He was a love, my good friend and protector. He got a lot of folks interested in the breed again. I can't believe he's been gone a month. Still can't get used to his absence, but he lived longer than I expected he would and was in good spirits and doing all the things he loved just before he went.

Back
Top Bottom