Out Here With Animals Event at TSC......

Farm_Maven

Songster
8 Years
May 7, 2011
Tishomingo
Tomorrow at TSC we are holding an animal event. I am taking a couple of my chickens to work with me. One will be Otis, my xtra roo, in an attempt to find him a new home. I will also be taking Babs, my BR hen that was named for the famed "Barbara", we all knew and loved thanks to MrsChickendads story. I will tell the story of what happened to her and her flock mates. I also have some info from the Mother Earth News article about the nutritional differences between store bought eggs and pasture eggs. I created a document describing the "plight" of battery hens, including supposedly "free range" and "cage free" hens. I bought a bag of rags, so if anyone wanted to let Babs sit on their lap, or handle either of the chickens they can do so without (hopefully) any poop events, lol.
I will take my camera and take some pix, hope I get some good ones!

Now...food, water, dried meal worms....have I forgotten anything?

it's gonna be all day, I myself (and the chickens) will get there between 1:30-2pm and Until 8pm when we close up shop.

Neat! See ya there!
thumbsup.gif

Well the Out Here With Animals event was not all that eventful. Had the Animal Shelter there with one dog, but he was beauty! A Blue Heeler mix. I took 2 of my BR's Babs and Otis. A very nice lady fell in love with them, and I sold her the pair of them. They are going to be barn chickens, and hang out with horses! I got to talk to her quite a bit, and a coworker talked to her while I was busy ringing up customers, he told me later that she rescues horses and rehabilitates them. Bless her!!

90662_girl.jpg

90662_meandbabs.jpg

90662_preening.jpg

90662_chickenstsc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom