Out Here With Animals Event at TSC......

Farm_Maven

Songster
8 Years
May 7, 2011
Tishomingo
Tomorrow at TSC we are holding an animal event. I am taking a couple of my chickens to work with me. One will be Otis, my xtra roo, in an attempt to find him a new home. I will also be taking Babs, my BR hen that was named for the famed "Barbara", we all knew and loved thanks to MrsChickendads story. I will tell the story of what happened to her and her flock mates. I also have some info from the Mother Earth News article about the nutritional differences between store bought eggs and pasture eggs. I created a document describing the "plight" of battery hens, including supposedly "free range" and "cage free" hens. I bought a bag of rags, so if anyone wanted to let Babs sit on their lap, or handle either of the chickens they can do so without (hopefully) any poop events, lol.
I will take my camera and take some pix, hope I get some good ones!

Now...food, water, dried meal worms....have I forgotten anything?

Farm_Maven

Songster
8 Years
May 7, 2011
Tishomingo
it's gonna be all day, I myself (and the chickens) will get there between 1:30-2pm and Until 8pm when we close up shop.

Farm_Maven

Songster
8 Years
May 7, 2011
Tishomingo
Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Sounds super fun!!
Be sure to post pictures please!

~ Aspen

That's a given! lol​

Farm_Maven

Songster
8 Years
May 7, 2011
Tishomingo
Well the Out Here With Animals event was not all that eventful. Had the Animal Shelter there with one dog, but he was beauty! A Blue Heeler mix. I took 2 of my BR's Babs and Otis. A very nice lady fell in love with them, and I sold her the pair of them. They are going to be barn chickens, and hang out with horses! I got to talk to her quite a bit, and a coworker talked to her while I was busy ringing up customers, he told me later that she rescues horses and rehabilitates them. Bless her!!

Top Bottom