1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Out of chicken feed in SW Houston!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by LauraN, Aug 5, 2011.

1. LauraN

LauraN Out Of The Brooder

Dec 16, 2008
    SW Houston
    I thought we had enough and just found out we're OUT! We don't get our Azure order for another 10 days. Does anyone near Rosenberg, TX have extra. I'd rather not use what's at the feed store but I might have to. If anyone has organic and soy-free for layers I would love to buy some from you. Or if you know where I can get some in Houston area please let me know.

Thanks,
    Laura

2. BoltonChicken

BoltonChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Bolton, Mississippi
    If I were you I would head over to your local Tractor Supply Company and buy some Purina as a temporary measure. There is one near Rosenburg. The chickens won't care.

[​IMG]

3. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    Maybe feed whatever you have around for a day? Some veggies and fruit, scratch, yogurt, boiled eggs?

4. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    dry dog food and cat food works- have done it at the end of the month many times, and they really like it...[​IMG]

5. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck. This is one reason I'll never feed what I can't buy locally. I did that with dog and cat food and never will again. I would do what BoltonChicken suggested and just buy what you can find for now (unless you're selling certified organic birds or eggs).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by