out of control

I am DONE too I won't order anymore!!

I never thought of DUCKS that would mean another building ((I can't do that I have plans to redo my coop))

O.K. I am really DONE too

(at least until coop renavations done)

I really wasn't too interested in ducks, but I have a friend that lives in the "incorporated" part of Spokane Valley and she bought them and the neighbors complained. She couldn't find them homes and was going to cull them.

Well, I couldn't let her kill the "wittle duckies" so they live here now. If they don't start laying in a month or so I might have to cull some of them.

Jean

Quote:
Inform yourself! I plan for my ducks to share the chicken coop until such time as they can go to the pond. Then I'm just gonna make them a small foul weather enclosure out of leftover materials from building the chicken coop. Waste not, want not.
wink.png

We started with 6 chicks 2 years ago. Then my brother needed to get rid of all his chickens we only took a few- 8 more. Then in March 07 I said I wanted Ameraucanas (that was a big mistake, he thought we needed every color ) so we bid for eggs on EBay and got 4 from them and also hatched 4 from our chickens. Then April 07 wanted real Ameraucanas so got 2 dozen eggs- 17 hatched. Went to PA and picked up 20 more Ameraucana chicks last August. Hatched 5 more chicks sometime around August also and hatched 4 more in Oct. We have 25 Ameraucana chicks coming in April and my husband promised he wouldn't order anything else, but he just put an order in with 2 other people on here and he's getting the most out of all of them. We are also suppose to start hatching some eggs from our Ameraucanas this spring. We need to build a couple more coops or one BIG one. Some one also thinks if they like the color of a rooster they can keep it!

I want ducks, marans, silkies and every unique looking thing there is, But I 'm NOT getting them- at least not now.

I don't think you have a problem!!!
wink.png

I just got 18 chickens from the local farmer, and I just ordered 25 more chicks plus the free one from mm. I am still looking for more. I am now looking at the barnyard special from mm. I am truely addicted. DH just shakes his head. Now I want a bator, so that I can try and hatch an ostrich egg. Yeah I would say I have it bad:D

DH wants me to be happy too!

Last season I brooded over 70 chicks!
DH was upset because out of those I have 14 now!

I only wanted 10! (we all start out that way) sochickens were ordered in increments of 10 usually after someone got some chickens! I would order more!
It was horrible all different ages and sizes & not being able to put them together!
barnie.gif

O.K. I don’t just give my chickens to anyone!!
--Some went to a person who just lost their dad at the time he had just gotten sick & it gave her something else to concentrate on!
--Best friend wanted
--Some were birthday presents
--Pastor wanted some (how do you say no or even charge)
--So these were all people you couldn’t say know to!

This time I have 33 coming!
I plan on selling some RIR other than that if I feel a need to give anyone chickens now I have a bator (I can hatch for them)

DH has to find time to help me redo coop we just redone last spring! & wants to stop feeding & buying other peoples chickens!
th.gif

Three years ago a friend wanted to give me some and hubby said no way!
The next year, some friends were moving and had 5 pullets and two ducks. He decided to let me have them, then it just grew from there. My friend gave me what she had left, I bought some two years ago as I was selling eggs to people.

Last spring I bought about 82 chicks total. This year I ordered 81 chicks from Murray McMurray with a surprise one so another 82.
I still want to try to hatch some.

I need a chickaholic step system. LOL

I had a friend of mine who would like for me to raise some for butchering. I'm not really wild about butchering. The price of food right now is outrageous, and why not just raise my own food. Not a bad idea. I still have to think about this. Hubby just gave me the ok for them.

Not bad considering he didn't want me to have any. I have a total of 74 right now with the 82 coming. That will put me at 156. I have 3 ducks also.

We have the room for them all is what's nice.

Back
Top Bottom