Out of feed until Sunday when my feed order comes in

write2caroline

Crowing
13 Years
Jun 21, 2009
Jacksonville
I am out of feed until Sunday when my feed order comes in - I have enough 3-way scratch and I let them supervised free range twice a day for a couple hours - We had a fox try to take my rooster so I feel I need to be a big discouragement to predators not to mention the occasional dog.

I have rolled oats and Hard boiled eggs to feed them - should I range them longer maybe?

Any suggestions?

Chicken Swap meet is Sunday and my order will be in then so I really want to wait.

Caroline

When I unexpectedly run out - I cook up some brown/white rice and/or barley, oats, quinoa or whatever grains I do happen to have in the house. I think they love the change up in feed.

It's the holidays!!!!! Make them a big pot of chili and fill their waterer with eggnog
smile.png

Quote:
Oh God... the thought of the kind of chicken indigestion that'd cause... I hope someone else cleans the coop!

Spaghetti with meat sauce is a favorite around here. Just avoid the garlic toast....
gig.gif

I would say they would be fine...just supplement them with house scraps of veggies and such. Maybe some oatmeal cooked up.

It's the holidays!!!!! Make them a big pot of chili and fill their waterer with eggnog

OMGOSH that made me laugh!!!
gig.gif

Thanks - I will scraps feed and oatmeal them till Sunday.

I just came in from letting them free range - Their crops get so full - I know people say they don't overeat but mine look like they have balloons after free ranging hidden under their feathers. They love the little weeds and bugs in the grass.
ep.gif

Caroline
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom