Out of the turner into the egg cartons... UPDATE

4boysmom

Songster
12 Years
Jun 12, 2007
This morning ( around 7 ) was day 18.5 for 17 of the eggs & day 17.5 for the other 25. I put them into egg cartons & have my temp just right & humidity was 66% when I checked a little bit ago. I am planning to keep humidity between 60-70....please tell me if this is wrong.

I think I'm probably more excited than my kids! I take them to school on Wednesday for all the kids there to watch. I'm going to plug it into the adapter for the lighter that my dh keeps for his computer so that everything will keep running.

Keep your fingers crossed! I have eggs from Therealsilkiechick and Dipsy Doodle Doo in there as well as 4 from my hens and some from ebay.

I started with 50....

1 got dropped by my 5yo
5 were infertile (or scrambled by the PO )
2 developed blood rings before day 7
7 more stopped developing between day 7 & day 14ish
( these are still in there, I didn't take the time this morning to remove them )

that leaves 35 possibilities!!!

Dipsy - the 2 "special" eggs were still doing great the last time I checked them!

Has anyone seen Meet the Robinsons - I'll be the woman with the cafeine patches for the next few days LOL:lol:

Last edited:
WOW - I already have 3 pips this morning.....early birds! There was 1 when I checked the 1st time - dh went to the kitchen & said did you see this one or this one....there were 2....then ,just as I got back to the bathroom to finish drying my hair, he says, there's another one!!! Can't wait to get home from work this afternoon!

My DH has even been glued to the incubator this morning and that is a surprise.

I'm too excited - I don't want to go to work, but I am an accountant for one of the big banks ( somewhere in the top 5 ) and I have quarterly reporting to finish today & tomorrow so I can take off Wednesday to take the eggs to school!

My hatch should be spread from Tuesday night to Thursday afternoon, so these pips this morning took me off guard!

Well I would take the eggs with blood rings out. You don't want them exploding!!
ep.gif
And Congrats on the pipping!!
pop.gif
get yourself a snack and
caf.gif
some coffee and settle in for a loooooooong day !!! I will be rooting for the little guys
yippiechickie.gif
Keep us updated!

3 are out and 1 more is pipped. 2 little black ( black splash ) silkies & one leghorn. the other that has pipped is a silkie.

the bloodrings are out, the ones in are ones I think stopped developing, but wasn't sure.

:lol:Wow what a week! The little boogers started hatching early - on Monday!!! By Tuesday morning, I had 6. As of 8:30 tonight, there were 23!!! I lost 1 after it pipped. Still could see up to 11 more!

Here is a summary, I think - I will post pictures asap ( probably tomorrow )

3 Ameracauna (Black)
4 Partridge Silkies
4 White Leghorn and/or white leghorn/polish crosses
1 white showgirl
1 white silkie
2 black silkies
1 black showgirl
2 or 3 splash showgirls
2 or 3 NN Frizzles or NN other

Can't remember them all, some are at school for the kids to watch feather out.

Back
Top Bottom