Outdoor lighting for quail cage build? Suggestions?

Feb 17, 2021
We are currently building a 3 "story" 2x8 foot quail cage and would like to add lights that will permanently stay in the top of each level (but will only be run during winter -on a timer).

Can anyone suggest a cord/ rope type light for our cages? The only one I've found will cost close to 50$ per level. 😕

We are currently building a 3 "story" 2x8 foot quail cage and would like to add lights that will permanently stay in the top of each level (but will only be run during winter -on a timer).

Can anyone suggest a cord/ rope type light for our cages? The only one I've found will cost close to 50$ per level. 😕
Amazon sells LED strip lights, you might want to look into those. I️ haven’t bought them before, so I’m not sure if they’d work for your set up. 🙂

Are you asking about solar lights or normal lights? I strung white "Christmas" lights in my pens and they provide more than enough light, in the pen. My pens are 10 foot by 3 so 1 20 foot strand run from one end and then back to the middle gives you plenty of light in each pen. They do require and extension cord though. If you're in the building stage mount one of those power strips to the inside of your pen so that you can run one cord and then plug them all into that cord. make it easier than running power to each pen separately. I paid $5 for each at Walmart.

Are you asking about solar lights or normal lights? I strung white "Christmas" lights in my pens and they provide more than enough light, in the pen. My pens are 10 foot by 3 so 1 20 foot strand run from one end and then back to the middle gives you plenty of light in each pen. They do require and extension cord though. If you're in the building stage mount one of those power strips to the inside of your pen so that you can run one cord and then plug them all into that cord. make it easier than running power to each pen separately. I paid $5 for each at Walmart.
I'm not opposed to solar lights but my husband is worried it would drive the quail crazy if they ran all night.

LED strip lights are your best option. I think you can get them on a timer, too.

if not, I have strip lights that connect to my phone, so I can just turn them off. I don't know how far the range is though..

I'm not opposed to solar lights but my husband is worried it would drive the quail crazy if they ran all night.

I'm in an area where I don't even get a cell signal so I'm kind of limited when it comes to my options. I ran an extension cord from the house to the pens and then just unplug it each night. I've looked at some solar options and they all seem to be a bit pricy when I can just pull the plug.

Back
Top Bottom