Outhouse Themed Bathroom?

Here's the 1905 outhouse that is on our property.

outhouse.jpg

If you have an old outhouse on your property, and it hasn't been used in years and years, try digging down into it... Seriously.

Back in the day, people used to throw old bottles, etc. in their outhouse "refuse pits"... You can make some serious cash selling them if you find old ones (like medicine bottles) that are still in good quality. I saw a show about it on the History Channel.

Quote:
That looked like the story that my Dad and his oldest brother did to their grandfather's outhouse with HIM in it!
lol.png
Grandfather was not too happy about being on his side on the job!
tongue.png

gig.gif
I think someone was having a lot of fun with Ruth's outhouse!

Chicken Lady, I tell ya what, you are welcome to dig around under our outhouse, and you can keep anything you find! You're a braver woman than me!
gig.gif

I have outhouse envy! I wish I had one for my kids and DH to use so they would stay out the house bathroom! Kids and men can be so,...let me see,..trying to use the right word,..NASTY!
barnie.gif
If I had an outhouse I could clean it with my high pressure washer/waterhose and not have to touch all the disgusting stuff
sickbyc.gif
,...and keep my nice bathroom in the house just for me! Ahhhhhhhhhhh,.....just a dream.
gig.gif

my grandparents had an "electric" corn cob on the wall all my life
lau.gif
So when I moved in I put up a sign
Outhouse Rules
Be Neat
Leave it like you want to find it
Put the Lid down
Leave paper for the next one
Shut the door so the chickens wont get in

Its tan and has an outhouse on it.

526_p1010092.jpg

This is something that I made for my bathroom about 6 years ago...

And the top picture is one painted for me by a friend, the lower one is a photo I took in the mountains....
526_p1010093.jpg

Last edited:
I was glad when I could leave the outhouse behind. I don't want to decorate the inside of my house like one.

But if it makes you happy, then that makes two of us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Similarly, my sister used to dislike going out to eat to "country cooking" establishments, like Po' Folks and Cracker Barrel. Her logic?

"S**t," she'd say, "I can cook that stuff at home any time. Why would I want to pay good money for it when I eat out?!"

Back
Top Bottom