Outside during the day?

kada6305

Songster
6 Years
Mar 13, 2013
Kersey, Pennsylvania
I have 5 ducks, 2 KC's and 3 Mallards. the Kc's are 6 weeks old and they Mallards will be 6 weeks on sat. We don't have their house done yet, should be finished this weekend. My question is If I let them outside during the day will they be okay? We have a fenced in area. We have hawks.,will the hawks get to them? They are just so cramped up inside, I fell bad for them but can't spend all day outside with them. the temps this week are : today- 72. Fri- 63 sat- 43 sun- 52 Monday - 55 Tuesday 59. Will they be safe outside by themselves during the day? Of course I would check on them every once in awhile and keep water outside for them. It's a fenced in area, not too big but big enough for them.

There so cute! hmmmm.... tricky, you have hawks? they make me nervous. We have them too, i let my 5wk olds out a wee bit but i stay there and the area around the duck barn is heavily treed.

how is yours? wide open? or do they have an ability to 'take cover' your temps sound ok, mine were out this morning and it was only +7C. Can you put any netting over the top? that would be an idea for safety.

There so cute! hmmmm.... tricky, you have hawks? they make me nervous. We have them too, i let my 5wk olds out a wee bit but i stay there and the area around the duck barn is heavily treed.

how is yours? wide open? or do they have an ability to 'take cover' your temps sound ok, mine were out this morning and it was only +7C. Can you put any netting over the top? that would be an idea for safety.

no, wide open, its connected the house so idk if they would come that close or not. We don't have any kind of netting we could use :/ Maybe I'll wait and just take them out when I have time to stay outside with them, i got 8 3 week chicks and 2 8 month dogs that need some attending during the day also lol

Tricky, as i said i am lucky the area around my ducks barn is really treed.. so they are covered... i won't let them out past this area, we have big hawks here, they can swoop down at anytime. I would not leave them in the wide open at that young. What about a box? something to which they can take cover too.

Tricky, as i said i am lucky the area around my ducks barn is really treed.. so they are covered... i won't let them out past this area, we have big hawks here, they can swoop down at anytime. I would not leave them in the wide open at that young. What about a box? something to which they can take cover too.

Boyfriend is getting netting from TSC today so they can be outside during the day all week :)

Back
Top Bottom