Oval shaped egg

MuranoFarms

Crowing
12 Years
Nov 14, 2009
Boyers, Pa
It's been pipped since 3pm yesterday, but doesn't seem to be making progress. he keeps sticking his beak out of the hole and hollering though! lol Since it's such a long egg, will he be able to get out on his own?
DSC_0003-1-1.jpg

That's so cute, how he keeps hollering. If he seems to start getting weaker though, you might want to help him zip by using a tweezer to carefully break off tiny pieces of the egg as he would if he were zipping. A Q-tip dipped in warm water will help keep the membrane hydrated. Just be careful to keep it away from his beak. Best not to help though if he still seems lively.

Don't pierce the membrane, just the shell for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I might try that if he doesn't make any progress on his own. I thought laying that egg down for lockdown might give it the best chance. I'm new at this though...so what do I know?
hu.gif
Maybe I should have put it in a carton like the rest.

He managed to get most of the way out but his leg had something wrapped around it. He kept trying to kick it free. I thought it was the umbilical cord and tried to get his leg loose but I couldn't slip his foot through. Thinking it was the umbilical, I snipped it with scissors. I really hope I didn't screw up. Although.....he certainly couldn't have lived like that.

Ever see anything like that?

Back
Top Bottom