Over priced shipping for eggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
It costs me close to 12.00 or more to ship out eggs to people priority mail. By the time I pay for 2 sizes of bubble wrap and it's not cheap here in WV. For 2 rolls of bubble wrap, tape plus I buy a ream of computer paper to shred and add to the box it costs me 15.00. I can wrap 3 boxes of eggs out of the bubble wrap alone. Then you have to figure out shipping costs all over the states. That's why my shipping and confirmation # cost is included in the whole cost of eggs. Sometimes I don't make diddle to be able buy a bag of feed.

Quote:
Exactly!
thumbsup.gif

If you're really that bent out of shape over the "extra money" the seller charged you for shipping, why don't you just ask them to refund you the difference? You might then get a explanation as to why they set the price the way they did.

Quote:
Exactly!
thumbsup.gif

Maybe I am not being understood or people are just getting upset and posting without even reading my OP. My eggs arrived in a used egg carton with newspaper. No bubble wrap. No time spent packing. No packing materials. And again......If somethign cost $15.000 then I am glad to pay it. Its when something really DOESNT cost $15.00 is when I am not.

No one is getting upset here. People are explaining the reasons for shipping charges.

If you feel that there is an issue to be addressed, I suggest messaging the seller to resolve it. And after that, leave appropriate feedback. Open forum is not really the place to address this.

Please see the BSA rules here
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=250783

Hopefully the seller will work with you, but they can't if you don't tell THEM about it.

Last edited:
Quote:
I am not bent out of shape. I was just rambling last night because I was staring at my box from the USPS and wanted to blurt out how I was feeling at that very moment about shipping, Plus I am likely in a bad mood in general because I might lose my father today. He is under going open heart surgery. But my opinion remains the same. The only way to resolve it now that I know the "Truth" behind shipping is to ASK every single seller how they pack their eggs, what materials they use, Ask how far away their post office is so I can feel I am not being over charged. Otherwise, I just wont buy any more to have shipped.

Quote:
Exactly!
thumbsup.gif

Maybe I am not being understood or people are just getting upset and posting without even reading my OP. My eggs arrived in a used egg carton with newspaper. No bubble wrap. No time spent packing. No packing materials. And again......If somethign cost $15.000 then I am glad to pay it. Its when something really DOESNT cost $15.00 is when I am not.

I'm not upset with you at all but want you to understand why most of us set a cost for shipping or include it in our price of eggs. You need to talk to the buyer who sold you eggs. Personally it's a lesson learned to not buy from that person again.

Quote:
When you go shopping anywhere you are paying prices that include but are not limited to wages (time spent packing the eggs well), fuel costs for getting that product to market (my cost for getting them to the post office), packaging costs (wrapping materials)I could go on and on, but I can tell it will do no good with you.

I can assure you that if and when you ever sell eggs you be singing a different tune.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Okay, I agree the packaging was not terribly well done on the first one, but were any eggs broken?

Also, I see on your website that you are going to be selling eggs- how much are you going to charge for shipping? Keep in mind that ebay and PayPal have steep fees for sellers, and the PO may well damage some shipments.

I ship a lot of very fragile, antique glass and china. I always allow extra for time I spend packaging and materials used. Bubble wrap is NOT cheap! Since I rarely buy anything, I don't have much to reuse.

Now that you have been to the USPS website and have had eggs shipped to you, you need to do your homework. Estimate the box size and weight, run it through USPS and then decide if the shipping is too high. Either contact the seller and explain it, asking them for a better price, or don't bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom