Overloaded? "shut-down"??

Dixiedoodle

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
Without me going into a long story/explanation--When you are overloaded, too much happening, Murphy's Law, is working in overdrive--How do you handle it?? AND please tell us why!

Do you shut down and do NOTHING??

Do you jump in, with 'both feet' and work your tail off--until you see the light at the end of the tunnel?

OR do you do just enough to keep your head above water????

Thank you

Last edited:
There are times I WISH I could do "A".

Being a type "A" personality, I usually do "B"...

But sometimes I get lazy for some reason and find myself doing "C"

If it were me, myself and I---I would jump in with 2 feet

But I'm a full time Mother, housewife, and juggling 2 businesses--so I multi task putting me in 'keeping my head above water'

I don't have time to do 'nothing' I have to be real sick for me to do nothing.

If by "nothing" you mean avoid or ignore some things, in order to hang onto what little sanity you have left, then I do A. Usually I find the world doesn't end if I don't finish everything, but boy does it feel like it!

I sit back, take a deep breath,Have a soda, fiddle around with something else for about 10 minutes then sit down and try to prioritize the tasks at hand.

If I have trouble I ask for help. Asking for help is not a crime.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
And I agree

I've been going through some things....I still have my Christmas tree up.... I don't know why. I was thinking about it today, a) Christmas is a happy time, perhaps I'm trying to hold on to that. b) I'm sore. I hurt my back last Oct. and was out all of November with excruciating pain. It was all I could do to get it up for my children. c) I flat out don't feel like it. I'm probably depressed and having the hide under a blanket and pretend the world will go away mode...sigh.

But it never does and bill collectors want their money. The girls still have either school or some kind of something to go to.

As much as I'd like the world to stop spinning so I could catch up...it doesn't. And now I feel overwhelmed. Which makes me hide further under the blankets....or spend entirely too much time on byc looking for laughter to brighten my world of heartache.

So I take my cuddles and my snuggles with my girls. I try to hang in there the best I can. And little by little things start to get chipped away but then the cycle just starts over again, every day, every week, every month...

So hang on...and just keep moving forward...cuz the world ain't gonna stop.

dang it.

Back
Top Bottom