Overran with FLEAS!!!!!!!!Please Help

Comfortis is only sold through vets. I use it on one of my dogs the other I don't because she seems to throw it up. You need to give it with food and it does work good on fleas but a flea needs to bite the dog then it dies. I can tell when my dog gets close to the 30 days because he chews himself raw with fleas.

We had them really bad one year and the whole family was getting eaten up! I had used Frontline religiously on the dogs but either the fleas became resistant or there was just too many of them for it work properly. My husband bought every single bomb and spray they made, but they didn't seem to work.

This is what worked for us:

I switched to K9 Advantix for the dogs and that worked much better. (This Comfortis wasn't available yet.)

Vacuum every other day and throw out the vacuum bag each time. A good strong vacuum will go a long way to sucking up those buggers. Just don't forget to throw out the bag or they'll all just crawl right back out!!

I used a service (FleaBusters) that applied finely ground rock salt (polysodium borate??) to my carpets, furniture, etc. No chemical impact to my family except we needed more hand lotion for a week or so.

Fleas can not get resistent to it as it dries them out and they die.
They jump out of the carpeting etc and jump on you for a day or so but it also dries out the eggs or any that hatch in the 10 day cycle.

I have indoor/outdoor dogs and have NEVER had another flea problem once I applied this.

Dogs do wear frontline as well for outside.

good luck!

I'm not sure if this will work for such a bad problem like yours but it might. My granny used to put a small saucer under a nightlight and the fleas would be attracted to the light and jump in the water and die. I know this works, because I have done myself. Now like I said, I'm not sure if it will solve your problem but it may help.

Quote:
lol.png
I think I will try this just to see if I have any in the house

We've been using food grade DE for 3 years for our dogs, cats, house and yard and haven't had a problem with them. We were overrun with them in NY. I mean our house was absolutely infested with them and we couldn't get rid of them.

Someone suggested using DE. I bought a 5 lb jar of DE and still have some left. We never saw a flea afterwards. Our son is living in our house in NY and he said he has no fleas there either. I suggested that he get some DE, just in case.

Laurie

I try to rotate between frontline and advantix....makes it harder for the pests to develop resistance if you switch things up frequently.

Hanging no-pest strips containing Dichlorovos works, too. Can be used in homes, restaurants, hospitals, coops, barns. We've used for years for most insect pests.

Just avoid hanging directly over water or feed, and hang in a place where birds can't reach, or enclose in a 'cage' of some kind, perhaps made of hardware cloth.

And food-grade diatomaceous earth in a dry run will keep them down- also sprinkle chicken bedding indoors, nests, put across doorways including pop door.

all of these sound like great ideas and I did go out and buy,the
Comfortis and a product called demon,can be used in the house and yard,also have a canister of Flea stop on the way and thank you all so very much because here on day 1 things are already looking up ,once again thanks was thinking about burning house down and starting over but I guess now I want have to
wee.gif

no more fleas
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom