Oxine???

briteday

Crowing
12 Years
Dec 16, 2008
Northern Nevada USA
Ok, I bought the bottle of Oxine. For disinfecting coops and using as a nebulizer for sick chickens...do you use the activating crystals? And what dilutions of Oxine : water do you use for each task???

I use 3oz. per gallon of water to disinfect. 1 oz. per gallon for the fogger (sick birds). I also use it in the drinking water (a couple of times a week) 7 or 8 drops per gallon.

don't use activating crystals - it isn't needed, those are for more industrial applications.

I use it as the package directions say, 6.5 ounces per gallon of water in a weed spray jug from Lowes. (weed spray jug is easy to get and cheap - I paid 13 bucks for mine) I dont have a mister or a nebulizer.

meri

Thanks! This is really helpful. Our weather has been purely awful and coops haven't been cleaned yet. I was hoping for this weekend...but more 45 MPH winds and cold weather coming. So I'll work on building some new feeders and waterers and hope to clean coops next weekend...is Spring coming soon???!!!

Quote:
lau.gif
I'm sunburned!! It's been 85+ here for the last four days.

I love the oxine - it's a bit pricey at first glance, but you can spray it directly onto the chickens (or when they are inside the coop) which is nice, and it helps a LOT.

Well, worth the cost, IMO.

I think we bypassed spring here and jumped straight to summer.

meri

I just bought a bottle of oxine and its due here tomorrow. Want to do my coop. I can not find a fogger that I can afford right now.
So many medical bills with my other half that I just can not squeeze that out. Can you just just a spray bottle on the mist?
Or does anyone now of a site that has foggers reasonable?
Also if you do fog how long you fog for?

Thanks cj

I use the spray bottle to mist my brooders with. I mist right over the kid's heads with it. More so if I have a sneezer or two though. I also mist down the bator and brooders after I've moved the chicks out.

If you don't have a fogger, I would think that you might be able to use a humidifier in a smaller area to distribute the oxine. I LOVE that stuff. Yep, it's spensive, but I'll always have some on hand.

How big of a bottle do you get and how long does it last you?

do you put it in their water also?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom