Questions Regarding Nolvasan to Disinfect/Clean Coop

BonnieBlue

Songster
Apr 20, 2022
Does anyone periodically use a Nolvasan dilution as a coop disinfectant? I was thinking of using it, maybe monthly, to do a fine mist on the walls and sand (which I will be using as coop bedding), and let it air dry, as part of a cleaning routine. I have read here that disinfecting a coop is not needed, but will it hurt anything? I have Nolvasan already, from something else, and the bottle is just gathering dust.

New to doing chickens on my own. I used to help my father some, but this is the first time to venture into chicken keeping on my own. Thanks for any input on this subject. As a long time lurker, I will now be asking questions as I navigate my way through this new venture in life.

Does anyone periodically use a Nolvasan dilution as a coop disinfectant? I was thinking of using it, maybe monthly, to do a fine mist on the walls and sand (which I will be using as coop bedding), and let it air dry, as part of a cleaning routine. I have read here that disinfecting a coop is not needed, but will it hurt anything? I have Nolvasan already, from something else, and the bottle is just gathering dust.

New to doing chickens on my own. I used to help my father some, but this is the first time to venture into chicken keeping on my own. Thanks for any input on this subject. As a long time lurker, I will now be asking questions as I navigate my way through this new venture in life.
I think it is an exercise in futility.

Just remove as much poop daily as possible, keep things dry and very well ventilated and you will have a healthy flock.

Thank you for the replies. I want to keep things as clean as possible, and want to make sure I am doing what I can for a healthy (small) flock.

Back
Top Bottom