oxytetracycline dosage (metric system)

Naisha

Raptor whisperer
Oct 30, 2021
Spain
Hello! I have to give Oxytetracycline to my 4 cochin bantams for Coryza and I’m a bit lost with the dosage. Let’s see if you can help me understand. Each of my chickens weighs around 400g, they’re small. So in total they’re around 2kg.
The box says “400mg of product per kg of animal per day”.
So if they’re 2kg they need to take 800mg a day in total. But! I don’t know how much water they drink. And what is 800mg in “coffee spoons”? Something I can visualize, I can’t weight 800mg at home.

In the box it also says that once you’ve mixed it with water for them to drink it can be there for a day but not more, so it should be as accurate as possible.

Thank you guys

Hello! I have to give Oxytetracycline to my 4 cochin bantams for Coryza and I’m a bit lost with the dosage. Let’s see if you can help me understand. Each of my chickens weighs around 400g, they’re small. So in total they’re around 2kg.
The box says “400mg of product per kg of animal per day”.
So if they’re 2kg they need to take 800mg a day in total. But! I don’t know how much water they drink. And what is 800mg in “coffee spoons”? Something I can visualize, I can’t weight 800mg at home.

In the box it also says that once you’ve mixed it with water for them to drink it can be there for a day but not more, so it should be as accurate as possible.

Thank you guys
Hmm i am not to good at this sort of thing but...i think mg is milligram,i dont know what to do with your water thing so i am not going to try helping with that but...i hope this helps

Yes it’s milligram. The thing is I can’t really visualize how much is “almost one gram” of that product. Let’s see if someone has experience with that kind of medicine.

It’s all in spanish I’m afraid. The dosage says 400mg of product per kg of animal per day, but it doesn’t really explains anything else, just what it is for and warnings.

The whole package is 100g and it says it’s 50mg/g of oxytetracycline.

Okay my partner and I have more or less understood that one gram of the product is one coffee spoon (the small ones). So every day we’ll mix that amount with the water we think they’ll drink, not with 1L of water.

Back
Top Bottom