Oxytetracycline

Olefarmlife

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2023
Hello,

I can't seem to find a powdered oxy to give in my chicken water. I did find an injectable. Can I pour this in the water with the same effect? And if so what would be the amount.

Welcome To BYC

Injectables usually are not water soluble.

Most water soluble antibiotics were taken off the shelf around 6 or so years ago. If you have a vet, they can prescribe them for you.
Ok thanks

I have just 1 chicken who looks like she is sneezing. Alot of people were saying just treat the whole flock with antibiotics in the water.

Ok thanks

I have just 1 chicken who looks like she is sneezing. Alot of people were saying just treat the whole flock with antibiotics in the water.
Is she just sneezing with no other symptoms?
Eating/drinking and active?

Who are a lot of people? It's not wise to treat birds with antibiotics if they have no symptoms, so if your flock is not affected, why treat them?

You can still order medications online if you can find them, but most things will be script only come June 2023. So if you feel you need meds, then it would be a good idea to source some now or find a vet willing to help you in the future.

Is she just sneezing with no other symptoms?
Eating/drinking and active?

Who are a lot of people? It's not wise to treat birds with antibiotics if they have no symptoms, so if your flock is not affected, why treat them?

You can still order medications online if you can find them, but most things will be script only come June 2023. So if you feel you need meds, then it would be a good idea to source some now or find a vet willing to help you in the future.
So far yes, she still looks and acts normal. Hopefully it will blow over soon!

Back
Top Bottom