Oy Vey - nearly 100% hatch rate for shipped eggs!

little_grey_bantam

Songster
10 Years
Mar 29, 2009
Russell County
I sent out eggs a month ago, the gentleman told me 12 hatched out only 3 didn't (3 were extras). So he pretty much got 100% hatch rate...

LOL, I don't even get that with my own unshipped eggs!! Let alone shipped eggs!! I get a high percentage at times, but never that high!!! hahahahhahaha!!!

Oy Vey! That's a good success story! Was curious who else has successful hatches??? from shipped eggs!!! LOL!!!

G'luck to him and his Speckled Sussexes and Black Copper Marans - I wonder if I will ever get a near 100% hatch rate!! LOL

Wow, that's awesome!

The best I've ever gotten was 5/15 on shipped eggs. The last couple of packages were just brutalized and I'm totally afraid to buy shipped eggs anymore.

Quote:
WHat do you mean by brutalized??? like smashed or just didn't hatch?

I think we had 4-5 hatch out of 24 from one time
0 from another time
2 from 24 this time
lol and we just got another package... 24 i believe... hatch date is in a week and a half cross yer fingers!!!
I have a pair of $150 chicks ($75 each) in my living room right now LOL
lau.gif

Ugh, that's what happened to my first box and one of my boxes were lost (the ones I shipped out, not received lol). The lost one turned out alright, the one that got smashed... not so much
hmm.png
I've only had two boxes that didn't hatch out very well, less than 25% hatch rate, but everyone else gets over 50% still better than what I'm doing... must I be doing something wrong/???????????????

Was wondering did the box say "Fragile" or anything on it? I always wonder if THAT has any reason for them being destroyed????

I would think purchasing eggs closer is the key, but some eggs I've shipped out 1500 miles and they do alright. Who knows. THere is no rhyme and/or reason at all lol it's just like a lottery or a jack pot.... or... ???? who knows!

I know you can still hatch eggs with detached air cells (never tried it) but I hear members on here talking ALL the time lol

I bought some eggs from onthespot. She's in California, I'm in Ga. The eggs where packaged beautifully, only 1 was cracked. I put a little elmers glue on it and it hatched this weekend. Out of about 2 dozen eggs, 18 made it to lock down, and 13 hatched. I only actually tossed 4 that were no good at day 7 and 14. I think that was an awesome hatch!

Back
Top Bottom