"P" Roo or Hen~ the debate continues...(pic heavy)

Leavingegypt

Songster
7 Years
Mar 21, 2012

"P" @ 12 wks. the color has not really deepened on the comb and wattles, but they have grown.

BIG Al and "P"- BIG Al was helping out by removing a bug from "P's" comb. The size of their combs is not much different but the color is. BIG Al started showing color and wattles @ about 4 weeks, "P" @ about 8 weeks

A full body shot of "P". Those big legs get me, of course "P" is the biggest chicken we have.

Here are "P", BIG Al and Wilma our 3 BOs. You can kind of see our puzzlement. BIG Al's red comb and wattles look really roo, Wilma has a very small light comb and then there is "P". We also have 3 Production Red pullets, but looking at their combs etc. is no help with identifying "P's" gender..

so there you go..."P" still awaits a "HE" or "SHE" determination.

Well, we're not helping you much, are we? I think P is a slower developing rooster. That's too red for a pullet at that age. Some boys just develop slower.

Well at least we know that we're in good company. "P" has been a ? mark for several weeks now. A behavior that has just shown up is that BIG Al and "P" have become best friends. They take naps together, hang out and eat together- where they used to do alot of stare downs and chest bumping. It'll be hard because 2 roos is just too many for a flock that will eventually be 10-12. We have grown attached to all of them.

Well at least we know that we're in good company. "P" has been a ? mark for several weeks now. A behavior that has just shown up is that BIG Al and "P" have become best friends. They take naps together, hang out and eat together- where they used to do alot of stare downs and chest bumping. It'll be hard because 2 roos is just too many for a flock that will eventually be 10-12. We have grown attached to all of them.
I am not sure.. When you compare her to big Al, I want to say pullet. :idunno

Can you put her beside some of your known pullets?

Back
Top Bottom