PA ChickenStock!! Updated! Please [email protected]@K!!

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Hope0491, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Hope0491

Hope0491 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    VA/PA
    Hey Everyone!

Well, it's getting about that time of year where we should start planning!!

I don't know if any of my fellow PAers (even Maryland and whoever else would want to make the drive) are interested in a CS, but I will gladly offer my place!!

I live on 17 acre's and we have a nice size barn that we could use....I live in Wrightsville - zip: 17368

I know it's not a "central" location.. but, let me know if you're interested or not! If it's to far for people to drive.. then, we could pick a more central location.

Thanks!
    ~Lacey

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  2. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I'm game. If we plan ahead early enough i'm definitely in. I do have some horse show engagements this summer but will do the best i can.

3. Hope0491

Jan 30, 2007
    VA/PA
    Quote:Sounds great!

That was going to be my next question!

Do you guys want an April/May CS? or a later one... maybe in September? - that would be the best weather for fall, not to hot, not to cold kinda thing.

~Lacey

4. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I'm about an hour from Wrightsville, so it's not too far for me to drive. I'd vote for midsummer.

5. Hope0491

Jan 30, 2007
    VA/PA
    Quote:Sounds great!

So, you're thinking July?... I just don't want it to be to hot for the birds. I thought April, May or September would be our best bet for keeping the birds cool. But, I'm sure we could have some fans or something?

~Lacey

6. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    September would be good for me.

7. Hope0491

Jan 30, 2007
    VA/PA
    great!

...as soon as we get some more people interested we can take a vote and start planning! [​IMG]

~Lacey

8. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Oops, tell me again what a Chickenstock is? Do we bring the birds? Mine aren't show birds.

9. Hope0491

Jan 30, 2007
    VA/PA
    Quote:heh! A chickenstock is just a gathering of chicken lovers to chat and hang out - you can also bring hatching eggs, chicks, started and adult birds to swap or sell.

Once we have things situated and are planning specifics.. we'll get a list together of what people have to sell and trade.

~Lacey

10. greyhorsewoman

greyhorsewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Endless Mts, NE PA
    I'd be interested in such a thing, but Wrightsville is 4 1/2 hours from me. That is a bit far for a chicken swap/social. But if you do any more central or eastern PA, I'd probably try to attend.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by