PA Farm Show Illness

Uploaded pictures of the Golden Laced Wyndotte. She semms to be eating and drinking. We have added save a chick to her water. She is in the garage in a cage of her own. She has a nice warm red brooder light. lots of clean shavings. We will see how she does over time. Thanks for your input.

Welcome by the way!!!!

She is super cute :). Did you check the bottom of her foot? Does she seem like she is hurting when you touch her or her leg? I am sure it was just the stress of everything but its always good to keep an eye on her.

I will post pictures soon. Yes we did call farm show. I dont think a complaint is needed they really did a good job. I mean there is alot of hard work put into these shows. There is alot of risks as well. I am not sure maybe the bird is just stressed. Maybe she just doesnt do well on city water. She did lay her egg today so she is not egg bound. Maybe she doesnt like being on stage, or in a cage. I dont understand why she cant walk though, that is my concern. She may have hurt her leg trying to get out. We would have stayed at Farm Show all week but we live 4+ hrs away and she had to fo to school druning the week. We did have friends check on them through out the week.

Here in Arizona, kids are excused from class for the fair. We stay for the week, and I get permission to go in and take care of my poultry. Maybe ask if you can do that next time.

Sorry, I don't know what could be wrong with your chicken. Try posting a new post explaining the illness. Good luck!

Good News! The Golden Laced Wayndotte pullet is doing better! She can walk! She needs more resting time but I think she will be fine. She must have hurt herself trying to get out of her cage!

Back
Top Bottom